Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Scanography

Inspiration comes from a lot of places. This week's post was initially inspired by a fascinating online gallery called Face Your Pockets. The idea of their project is to scan your face along with the objects in your bag or pockets. I must have spent an hour looking at all the scanned images people have submitted. There are some really creative ideas there.
It is worth noting that this 'scanography' technique is not a new concept. When I happened upon this site I was immediately reminded of the artwork from the Tori Amos album, From the Choirgirl Hotel. Those fascinating images were created by Katerina Jebb - an unconventional photographer who uses industrial-sized photocopy machines and scanners to capture her images.
So having said that, and giving credit where credit is due, here is my first attempt at scanography. This is not what's in my pockets, but what's in my mind A LOT lately. A place I have dreamed of going since I was a little girl. Now that dream is less than 2 months away...



3 comments: