Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Project 52: Shades of Gray 3/52

Last year I saw a lot of great photos from photographers who were participating in '365' projects. Their goal was to take and share a new photo each day for a year. I love the idea, but talk about overwhelming. Seriously, where do they find the time? Every day?!? The only consistent thing I've done every day for a year is wake up.

Then a few weeks ago I stumbled across Project 52. The same idea, but with one photo a week. I thought, Perfect! That's what I already do (or try to).

MCP Project 52: One Photo a WeekIt’s a way to encourage creativity, make photography fun, and provide a challenge without actual pressure. Participants will share their art work and images weekly while inspiring each other.

The thing I like about this one is that you can be as creative or as simple as you want. You can follow their theme each week, or do your own thing. Ahhhh. Few rules and no pressure - right up my alley.

So I'm starting with week 3 - the theme is shades of gray.

We went to the Orlando Amtrack Station for the first time this weekend. It's a very old building (1920's) done in Spanish Mission style. Not too many people are riding Amtrack these days and it very much looks like a place that time forgot. But something about it's isolation makes me want to board a train there. Maybe in a few years, if the planned SunRail every gets up and running, this place will be bustling once more. Anyway, the shot below is of one of the old, curved, wooden benches in the waiting area.

2 comments: